"Environmentally conscious entrepreneurship has several advantages, investment pays for itself"
Ferry Breugem, senior sales manager
As sellers of green, garden centres are the ambassadors for nature and therefore sustainability. There are many reasons for building sustainably. Environmentally conscious entrepreneurship is good, not only for the environment, but also for your image and for your wallet. You can earn back most adjustments.
Reasons to build sustainably:
- Saving on operational costs, such as energy costs;
- Subsidy schemes, such as the ISDE (investment subsidy for business users), the MIA (environmental investment deduction), SDA + (subsidy for solar panels) and the Energy Investment Deduction for the installation of LED lighting;
- PR - good for the image of your brand / company.
The options for sustainable construction and renovation:
- Use insulated roof and wall cladding, such as:
- well-insulated roof and facade panels (transparent and non-transparent);
- green roofs such as sedum as insulation;
- well-insulated aluminium profiles with an extremely high U-value.
- Invest in special glass. The U-value of insulating glass is getting lower and therefore easier to keep the interior space at a constant temperature, such as:
- Well insulated safety glass,
- glass that can generate energy through a special coating;
- Heat resistant glass - a coating gives you the feeling that you are walking in the shade, but when you look up, it is completely transparent. This keeps heat out, which also gives you a more pleasant climate in summer.
- Water reuse systems using rainwater to water plants and / or to flush the toilets.
Sustainable investment in existing garden centre
There are also many options for making an existing garden centre more sustainable, such as:
- LED lighting - more economical in energy consumption;
- Climate screens control temperature, UV radiation, humidity to reduce energy costs;
- Solar panels - to generate energy.
Or more economical cooling and heating:
- HR boilers
- heat pumps
- heat and cold storage
For half a century your reliable partner for high-profile projects
Read our latest news here:
Rooftop greenhouse Agrotopia wins World Architecture Festival Award 2022
The rooftop greenhouse Agrotopia won first prize at the 15th edition of the World Architecture Festival (WAF) in Lisbon! This was a battle between 8 other impressive finalists in the category 'Completed Buildings for Production energy & recycling' from a total of 252 entries from around the world.
New restaurant & garden centre for Plantorama
The Danish chain Plantorama has once again commissioned us to rebuild the existing garden centre in Amager. First of all, a new restaurant is being built. After completion, the old garden centre will be demolished and the sustainable garden centre of 5,000 m2 will be realized.
Expansion Tenterden garden centre
In collaboration with our partner Ebtech Glasshouse Systems, we are realizing the expansion of the Tenterden garden centre of the GrovesWell garden centres chain. The new entrance and an extra glass construction for sales will be realized at the beginning of 2023.
Specially developed insulated wide rain gutters
These wide insulated rain gutters have been specially developed for the new garden centre Gardheimar. They have extra-large capacity to prevent nuisance during extreme rainfall or snow. Together with the extra thick sandwich panels, no less than 200 mm thick, this will ensure even better insulation and therefore an energy saving of more than 40%.
How can we help you in terms of sustainability?
As 'Knowledge Based Builder' we build:
- Biophilic constructions
- Multifunctional glasshouses
- Climate proof constructions
- Sustainable glasshouses