"Environmentally conscious entrepreneurship has several advantages, investment pays for itself"
Ferry Breugem, senior sales manager
As sellers of green, garden centres are the ambassadors for nature and therefore sustainability. There are many reasons for building sustainably. Environmentally conscious entrepreneurship is good, not only for the environment, but also for your image and for your wallet. You can earn back most adjustments.
Reasons to build sustainably:
- Saving on operational costs, such as energy costs;
- Subsidy schemes, such as the ISDE (investment subsidy for business users), the MIA (environmental investment deduction), SDA + (subsidy for solar panels) and the Energy Investment Deduction for the installation of LED lighting;
- PR - good for the image of your brand / company.
The options for sustainable construction and renovation:
- Use insulated roof and wall cladding, such as:
- well-insulated roof and facade panels (transparent and non-transparent);
- green roofs such as sedum as insulation;
- well-insulated aluminium profiles with an extremely high U-value.
- Invest in special glass. The U-value of insulating glass is getting lower and therefore easier to keep the interior space at a constant temperature, such as:
- Well insulated safety glass,
- glass that can generate energy through a special coating;
- Heat resistant glass - a coating gives you the feeling that you are walking in the shade, but when you look up, it is completely transparent. This keeps heat out, which also gives you a more pleasant climate in summer.
- Water reuse systems using rainwater to water plants and / or to flush the toilets.
Sustainable investment in existing garden centre
There are also many options for making an existing garden centre more sustainable, such as:
- LED lighting - more economical in energy consumption;
- Climate screens control temperature, UV radiation, humidity to reduce energy costs;
- Solar panels - to generate energy.
Or more economical cooling and heating:
- HR boilers
- heat pumps
- heat and cold storage
For half a century your reliable partner for high-profile projects
Read our latest news here:
Another award for rooftop greenhouse Agrotopia, this time the BTTV
Agrotopia has once again won a prestigious award. This time the first prize of the Benelux Trophy for Hot-dip Galvanisation in the Aesthetic Galvanisation category. Since its opening, the roof greenhouse has won several design awards, such as the WAF and the Belgian Construction Award.
Renovation garden centre Dvorak
In Czechia we have started with the renovation of garden centre Dvorak. The 1,400 m2 wide span structure was built by us in 2008. The roof, screens and ventilation windows will be replaced in order to better monitor and control the indoor climate in the garden centre. This will result in further energy savings.
Completion first phase Plantorama Amager
The first phase for Plantorama Amager, building the new restaurant, has been completed. Now we have to wait before we can start with the second phase: the construction of the 5,000 m2 garden centre. The old garden centre will be demolished to make way for the new, larger and more sustainable building. The restaurant will then be connected to this new garden centre.
How can we help you in terms of sustainability?
As 'Knowledge Based Builder' we build:
- Biophilic constructions
- Multifunctional glasshouses
- Climate proof constructions
- Sustainable glasshouses